Tile in Texas
Tile is an enduring, creative option for your home’s flooring, and a beautiful choice for backsplashes, bathroom and shower walls, tub areas, patios, and more. Today’s market is brimming with stylish tile options, and with new brands, glazes, and textures introduced regularly, there’s a tile for everyone.
At Casey Carpet One Floor & Home in Lubbock and Amarillo, TX. we take pride in our impressive tile inventory. Are you considering new tile for your home or business, but not sure where to begin? Need affordable tile? Or concerned about staying in style?
Here’s helpful information to guide your way.
Best Tile for Texas Living
With Texas’ shifting weather, tile is always a reliable option.
Made to manage the hot, dry summers, the rainy seasons, and the desert dust, tile is a reliable all-around flooring that can handle it all. Porcelain tile, in particular, is cool to stand and walk on, and with its insulating qualities, is perfect for our dry, scorching summers.
Why Shop Tile With Us?
Casey Carpet One is the Panhandle’s top tile store.
- All our tiles are sourced directly from top makers for the highest quality.
- We have in-house tile installers for indoors and outdoors.
- All tiles come with a lifetime warranty.
- Our flooring experts are trained to match you with the perfect tile for your budget and style.
Before tackling any tile project, you’ll meet with our team to discuss your overall design, your space, your décor scheme, and your starting budget. Need further inspiration for your custom tile project? Try our Room Visualizer Tool to see our beautiful tile in your own room!
Best Types of Tiles
There are three main types of tiles: ceramic, porcelain, and stone.
Here are things to consider when picking out which will work best in your circumstances.
- Ceramic tiles are made to last forever. Created from clay and kiln-fired, it can be used as both wall and floor tiles. Ceramic tile is great for nearly any area and can be installed almost anywhere. Excellent for shower walls and kitchen or bathroom backsplashes, ceramic tile comes in countless styles, shapes, and patterns. From classic mosaics to four-inch hexagonal tiles, ceramic tile will add class and luxury to your space at an affordable cost.
- Porcelain tiles are a type of ceramic fired at a hotter temperature and made from denser clays, resulting in a more robust product. For this reason, porcelain tile is considered the most durable tile option. Ideal for commercial spaces and high-traffic areas like mudrooms, hallways, and stairs, porcelain tile is one of the best available flooring options when it comes to strength.
- Stone tiles are cut from slabs of granite, slate, marble, travertine, and other natural stones. They’re excellent for your outdoor spaces but also work well in mudrooms, hallways, kitchens, and more. Stone tiles are quarried from all kinds of places. Thanks to the earth’s natural creation, no two stones are identical. However, stone tiles can be pricey depending on the size of the area, so consider your space when determining your budget.
A Tile That Looks Like Hardwood
Wood-look tile is not just a pretty addition to a room, but also an option that provides durability and little maintenance.
With so many amazing features, wood look tile is an excellent choice for any home.
Wood-look tile is moisture resistant, so bathrooms and kitchens are prime rooms for wood-look tile where the wood look could not be achieved otherwise. Cracks and chips are quite unlikely, which makes the wood look tile ideal in high-traffic areas within your hardwood-heavy home.
Entryways, stairs, and hallways are the most popular spaces for this type of tile, thanks to its durability.
Where Else Can I Install Tile?
Modern tile is an incredibly sturdy product, with options for almost any indoor and outdoor space.
Tile flooring and backsplash tile is ideal for the kitchen & bath, mudrooms, and any moisture-prone space in your home thanks to their water-repellent qualities. While porcelain tiles are usually too heavy for vertical surfaces like walls, ceramic wall tiles are perfect for creating a gorgeous backsplash or custom tile bathroom.
We also have a range of premium porcelain and stone tiles made especially for outdoor use because they’re compatible with freeze-thaw cycles and the elements. Additionally, we carry commercial tiles that will look beautiful in your business entranceway, hallways, restrooms, and more.
How is Tile Installed?
Tile installation is a tricky process that’s best left to the professionals!
Here’s a quick overview of how tile installation works:
- Preparation: We’ll clean and level your subfloor, repair damages, and create a moisture barrier
- Layout: Tiles are laid out to determine proper placement and make sure your pattern is consistent.
- Installation: Tiles are locked in place with adhesive, using spacers to create even spacing.
- Grouting: Grout is applied to the joints between tiles to prevent moisture from sinking in.
- Sealing: Once grout is dried, a sealer is applied to prevent staining and scuffs.
Our professional tile installation team is here to manage projects of every scope and size.
Shop Tile Near You in Lubbock & Amarillo, Texas
Casey Carpet One Floor & Home boasts the buying power of over a thousand stores while staying true to its community. As your locally owned and operated flooring store cooperative, we offer premium tiles at an excellent price.
From mosaic tile backsplashes to porcelain tile kitchen floors, we have you covered. We have the best tile brands, including:
Emser Tile & Stone
Visit one of our local flooring showrooms today and see why we’re the greater Amarillo and Lubbock region’s most trusted tile source.